Genealogy Blog Guest Posting Opportunity
I seek guest post articles on or about Pacific Northwest (Alaska, Oregon, and Washington) genealogy.
One guest article a week will be posted on the Sea Genes Family History & Genealogy Research blog beginning in October 2012.
- Be focused on
- Genealogically significant primary records,
- Source materials, on- or off-line, relevant to family history,
- Research findings about families resident in, or with a strong connection to, the Pacific Northwest.
- Be 500–750 words. Longer articles will be considered. Articles will be edited for content and style.
- Be illustrated, if possible, with photographs or images appropriate to the subject of the article. Images should be at least 300 dpi and 800 × 600 pixels for possible printing.
- Include a 25–50 word bio of the author with web address and/or e-mail address.
- Publicity will be handled by myself as owner of the blog. Announcements will be made in social media spots, including Facebook, Google +, and Twitter. The author is also encouraged to publicize in other media outlets, particularly those where s/he is an active participant.
- A preference will be shown for academically-oriented presentations rather than personal or travelogue-type accounts. Citations and source statements are encouraged.
- Authors will be responsible for responding to and addressing comments on the article. Authors will also be responsible for the veracity of the materials submitted; the publisher disclaims all responsibility for false and/or incorrect information.
- Authors will transfer all copyright rights, with possible exceptions for off-line (non-Internet) re-publication. Uniqueness will be checked and non-unique materials will be rejected.
Depending on quality and quantity of materials received, a Pacific Northwest-oriented genealogy newsletter/journal may be published beginning in the first quarter of 2013.
At this time the only remuneration for guest bloggers is the satisfaction of having written a published article.